Well, still loving this iPad after one week or so, I had to setup a mobile 3G WiFi router on a Windows Mobile device for Wifi to 3G access where I have no connection. Works well!
The iPad is briefly summarized as a content consumption device. *Rich Internet content!
Best and Most used applications so far:
-sling player (iPhone version, needs update)
-Netflix, kids love the movies, feels like you own the video store.
-IP Vision Pro, for my CCTV IP Cameras (iPhone version, needs update)
-GoodReader, access all cloud storage and reader.
-Games like scrabble, UNO and other HD games, very cool.
And much, much more….. I just need the 3G iPad version and I a happy camper.
HiWEB-Interactive Tech Show will return someday – On Hold for now!
Please know that HiWEB-Interactive will return with a fresh start someday – Stay Tuned and Have FUN – HiWEB-Interactive Tech Show on http://live.hiweb.net – Stop by and check us out, always HOT new tech to share!
AT&T has announced that they are now offering free Wi-Fi access to iPhone subscribers across the U.S.
AT&T knows Wi-Fi is hot, and FREE Wi-Fi is even hotter. Which is why FREE AT&T Wi-Fi access is now available for Apple iPhone at thousands of hotspots nationwide, including Starbucks*. Users can relax and access music, email and web browsing services with their favorite blend in hand from the comfort of their nearest location. For information visit www.att.com/attwifi.
AT&T provided a number of early hints that the service would be coming. AT&T has also sent out an SMS message to iPhone users announcing the plan.
- Activate Wi-Fi from the settings icon on your iPhone
- Select “attwifi” from the list of available networks
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number and check the box to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy. Tap ‘continue’
- You will receive a text message from AT&T with a secure link to the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot. You will not be charged for the text message.
- The SMS link will only be valid for 24 hours at the location it was requested. Another request must be submitted when using another hotspot location.
- Open the text message and tap on the link for 24-hour access to the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot